The PC is a fuel injection and ignition timing (on some models) adjustment unit that plugs "inline" with the bikes' stock ECU. The PC uses original equipment style connectors so that no splicing or cutting of the harness is required. Most installations take less than 15 minutes, some as little as 5 minutes. Changes are made to the bikes fuel and ignition curves via the PC's onboard microprocessor.
Check out Kyle's Tip of the Week and learn how to map your new Power Commander >>
- Using this technology we are able to offer a large area of adjustment without making any permanent changes to the bikes' ECU (electronic control unit).
- Removing the PC returns the bike to its previous stock condition.
- The unit also comes complete with software and cable link that allows you to change between different maps or make adjustments to a map file.
- If you do not have a computer, you can change the fuel curve with the faceplate buttons. This is a simple adjustment that can move the fuel curve richer or leaner in each area of the map.
- In general, it has been found that a typical stock bike has areas in the fuel curve that are far from optimal for drive-ability and performance. We could say that they are typically 70% optimized in stock condition and 60% - 65% with minor performance modifications. After installation of the Power Commander with the base map, we would expect to see 85% - 95% optimization.