This is the new improved version with a USB port instead of a serial port.
Check out Kyle's Tip of the Week and learn how to map your new Power Commander >>
- The PC is a fuel injection and ignition timing (on some models) adjustment unit that plugs "inline" with the bikes' stock ECU.
- The PC uses original equipment style connectors so that no splicing or cutting of the harness is required.
- Most installations take less than 15 minutes, some as little as 5 minutes.
- Changes are made to the bikes fuel and ignition curves via the PC's onboard microprocessor.
- In general it has been found that a typical stock bike has areas in the fuel curve that are far from optimal for drive-ability and performance. We could say that they are typically 70% optimized in stock condition and 60% - 65% with minor performance modifications. After installation of the Power Commander with the base map, we would expect to see 85% - 95% optimization.
Using this technology we are able to offer a large area of adjustment without making any permanent changes to the bikes' ECU (electronic control unit).
- Removing the PC returns the bike to its previous stock condition.
- The unit also comes complete with software and cable link that allows you to change between different maps or make adjustments to a map file.