LM's Octagon accent is a great way to customize your stock gas cap. This Octagon accent was designed for Diego Sanchez motorcycle as he fights in the Octagon, which is also where he fills his need for speed. This gas cap accent attaches to the gas tank with magnets and then is held down by the gas cap. The octagon design helps take away from the very tall look of the stock gas cap. This product is made from a very strong hand laid fiberglass construction, and the finish is gel-coat black which is ready to be sanded for primer and paint. We also offer a few different finished options that you can choose from above.
What you need to know:
- Removing the stock piece is easy with the right tools.
- This product is does come with magnets glued in to back side.
- Gasoline can still fade the flat black paint if not careful, but if you purchase the gloss black or silver the paint is protected with clear.
- After removing the stock chrome accent there will be a seem in the tank. The Octagon will not cover this seem. See images for more details.
- This part does not have a finished surface, there is a gel-coat finish that is meant to be sanded for primer and paint, so it may come with a few minor surface scuffs.
- Can I install this part, or should I have a professional handle it?
Yes, you can install this if you have some basic garage skills. This part does take some steady hands and a couple of common tools. Carefully pry up on the stock cover with the gas cap off and the stock chrome part will come up. Then you'll have some left over glue to remove from the double sided sticky tape.
- Will this Octagon gas accent effect the gas cap itself?
No, the Octagon fits nicely around the gas cap with no issues on locking the gas cap.
- What if I get gas on this product?
It's no problem. The only thing that might happen is the paint might get effective but this would not come from just simple drip, but leaving gas on the cap and not whipping it right off.
- If the Octagon gas cap is so easy to remove will it fall off when I ride?
No, the gas cap holds the Octagon in place and only in till you remove the gas cap can you remove the Octagon accent.
Approximate Installation Time= 0.25 Hours