The Low and Mean Low Rider Seat was designed so the lines of the tank would flow thru the seat and into the rear fender giving your bike a clean look that will make your bike stand out from the rest. We also designed the seat pan 1.25" lower than stock so at the lowest part of the seat there is 2" of foam for extra comfort. When you compare our Low Seat Pan to the stock seat pan, the Low and Mean Low Seat Pan is 1.25" lower, this allows you to have a lower seat height with 1/4 more foam then stock. There's no bolts to attach this seat, we use an industrial duel lock Velcro which is industry standard on most custom motorcycles. Our pan is also narrower and flows into the gas tank, where the stock seat sits on top of the gas tank. We feel the new Low Seat is the perfect match to bring the great lines from the gas tank into the fender. This Low Seat Pan is made from hand laid fiberglass composite, the foam is soft to the touch with a firm support and the cover is made from high-end black vinyl with french stitching. There's no hardware that comes with this seat, just a dual lock Velcro to fasten it to the fender. If you want to do you own custom seat cover check out our LM Low Seat Pan with foam.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- This seat is a direct replacement for the stock seat.
- Passenger seat will not bolt back on, this is driver seat only. Passenger seat does not attach to driver seat, but you could try to bolt the passenger seat to the rear fender.
- LM Seat shows more of the gas tank, where your stock seat was covering possibly rubbing on.
- LM Seat hooks under gas tank and then Velcros down to the rear fender.
- Seat is water resistant, but not water proof. If you wash your motorcycle, take off your seat.
- What do I do about a passenger seat?
You could try to bolt-on your stock passenger seat, but this will not just bolt to our LM custom seat. If you wanted something different and simple. We suggest going to a suction cup passenger seat, they are very affordable on Ebay.
- Does the Velcro hold the seat down?
Yes, the Velcro is very strong, almost too strong, you have to really pull on it to remove.
- Do I have to remove anything to install this seat pan?
The seat will sit right down on the frame, you should not have any issues with the stock set up. If you changed the bike at all we can not guaranty the seat will fit as designed.
- Will this seat work with changing the rear fender?
The Low Seat Pan will work with our rear fender very well, but we can not say for sure if it will work for all others.
- What do I do about foam and a cover?
We suggest taking your motorcycle to a local upholstery shop so you can personally sit and feel the foam so your designing the seat to fit you.
- Do I need a professional mechanic to install this product?
This is always suggested, but this depends on your own garage skills, please know your limits and watch our install video above. Give us a call if you have any questions.
Note: Approximate Installation Time= 0.25 Hours