Shop By Category
Shop By Brand
- Package Deals
Serving Bikers Since 2001. More than 1 Million Packages Shipped!
There sits your bike in the darkness looking lonely and lifeless as passersby ignore it as it wasn’t even seen… but just think of how it would look if it were accessorized with a set of Kuryakyn Lizard Lights. These quality accent lights available in 2, 4, and 8 light kits will allow you to completely change the attitude and look of your bike.
Kuryakyn Lizard Lights are the predecessor to the Spyder lights of the early 2000’s. Many revisions have been made throughout the years and today Kuryakyn offers the industry's most comprehensive and easiest to install Do-It-Yourself (DIY) LED accent light kit which they call Lizard Lights. These lights (in our opinion) are the easiest to use, most functional LED accent lights on the market and they are backed by Kuruyan’s 1 Year Warranty. Watch the installation of the Lizard lights.
Kuryakyn Lizard Lights come in a Starter kit which contains 4 LED strips, a Maximums Kit with 8 LED strips and an Expansion Kit with two LED lights. Each of these light strips contain seven LED colors and can be set-up to be a solid color, a flashing solid color, or a morph through each of the colors in a solid or flashing presentation. See these kits below:
- Kuryakyn Lizard Light Maximus Kit: 8 Seven Color Lights
- Kuryakyn Lizard Light Starter Kit: 4 Seven Color LED Lights
- Kuryakyn Lizard Light Expansion Kit: 2 Seven Color LED Lights
- Kuryakyn Long Lizard Light Expansion Kit: 2 LONG Seven Color LED Lights
This is probably the most often asked lighting question we hear… and our answer goes like this… Kelly was able to install them during her first ever recording session with Cruiser Customizing. That being said, we are willing to bet you can “for sure” handle this installation at home in your own garage. If you are curious, you can click here to watch Kelly install the Lizard Lights on Kyle’s VTX. This kit is bar-none the easiest to install and most comprehensive LED accent lighting kit on the market. This kit comes complete with 9, 12, and 18 inch extension wires, male, female, and Y connectors which makes this totally Plug-and-Play with ZERO cutting and splicing. Additionally, this kit can be added to easily with use of the Lizard Light Extension Kit KY-5023 as well as numerous other Kuryakyn LED lighting products.
Sure, the installation is really pretty simple and it goes like this:
1) Prior to the purchase of LED accent lighting, it’s best to look at your bike to identify the surfaces you would like to illuminate and then ask yourself these questions?
2) Once you have an idea of where you want the lights mounted and how many lights you would like to attach, the next step is choosing the Lizard Light Kit which will best suit your application.
3) Choosing your kit can be confusing if you “piece it together” so we suggest cutting to the chase and selecting the Maximus Kit from the get-go.
4) Once you receive your kit, lay out all of the components to ensure you have all the parts necessary to illuminate your bike as our mindseye has described. The kit should have the following parts:
5) Next you will place the lights on your bike in your predetermined locations.
6) Run your wire extensions and connect them at the junctions
7) Connect your wire extensions to the power source / controller
8) Attach your controller to your battery with a fuse on the power line to protect your controller / lights.
9) You should now be able to light up the night!
10) See the Kuryakyn Lizard Light instructions as a reference here: Installation Information
There are literally hundreds of LED accent lighting options available on the market today but we hold to our guns and suggest that the Kuryakyn Lizard Lights are the best plug-and-play option currently available. As early mentioned, many other kits require cutting, splicing, soldering and are really challenging to install and even worse… challenging to use!
We hope this buying guide has been helpful and informative. Do you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions on how we can make this process more effective, informative, or even entertaining for you? If so, please call customer care or email email@example.com with your thoughts and/or suggestions.
Thanks for reading.
Until next time, take care and ride safe!
Kyle, Kelly & the Cruiser Customizing Team