Issue #1 - August 1, 2001
What's New at CruiserCustomizing.com
3.Newest Features added
4.New Products added
5.New Quick Poll
1. Welcome to CruiserCustomizing's 1st newsletter.
We have worked really hard to make this site as functional, easy to navigate, and useful as possible.
If you have any ideas for ways we can make improvements to the site, please feel free to e-mail us your suggestions.
|My name is Dennis Welch, better known on the Delphi forums as
I co-manage CruiserCustomizing.com with my partner Uwe Druckenmueller.
Dennis on his recently sold Aero
Uwe is the Technical Guru at CruiserCustomizing.com, and I am in charge of the layout and content decisions.
We hope to be able to grow and perhaps even make a few $$$ from the site someday, but for now this is all being done
for free because of the desperate need for this type of service and because of our love of motorcycles. All costs involved
are being paid for out of our own pockets, including hundreds of hours of labor that we are providing at no charge to you.
However, that being said, if you would like to show your appreciation for our hard work we are accepting donations at the following link:
2. Successful Launch
We have tons of new members and reviews!
|In under 2 weeks we already have almost 300 members, nearly 700 reviews, and are averaging about 100 unique visitors per day.
We have also added more than 200 new products since the site was launched and are adding more products all the time.
We are planning to continue adding Highway Hawk products, but this has proven to be pretty difficult because we have to find the info on-line first,
and they don't have a website anymore and a lot of their resellers have stopped carrying their products. We would appreciate it if any of you guys have recommendations
on where we can get part #'s, pics, pricing, etc. on Highway Hawk products. We also are going to be working on Custom World International
products but they're are also a bit tough as their on-line pics are pretty bad.
What you can do to help us to help you:
- As mentioned before, we can sure use a few small donations to support the cause.
So please help with a donation if you can.
- As previously mentioned, we also need help tracking down Highway Hawk part info so if you can help us with that please e-mail us the information.
- Another thing you can do is click on this link and help us fill in the blanks for accessory manufacturer websites if one is not listed.
- If you have signed up but haven't gotten around to entering reviews for your accessories yet please do so ASAP because there are a LOT of you that have only entered maybe 1 review and I know you have more goodies than that, right?
3. Newest Features added:
- We have added a Poll feature so we can get your feedback on various issues.
- We added a feature that lets you see all of the new products that have been added to the site within the past 7 days. Just click on the "New Products" link in the top left window of most pages.
4. New Products Added:
|We have added an additional 200+ products since the site was launched. These products include:
- National Cycle windshields, lowers, hard saddlebags, sissy bars & luggage racks
- Hondaline products
- Utopia Backrests
- We have added a new product category called "Small Manufacturers" to handle items such as Kellyboards, which have been added to the database.
- Ameritex Futura Saddlebags
- Rizoma & Restyling forward controls
- Rizoma Handlebar clock
- Custom Cycle Engineering Handlebar Clamp w/Clock
- 2 new Mustang seats for the Spirit 1100
- Protac Backrests
- Jardine Mirrors (some)
5. New Quick Poll
|Do you think our "Babe of the Week" feature.....