Issue #2 - August 17, 2001
What's New at CruiserCustomizing.com
1.Babe of the week feature has changed
2.Thanks for the donations!
3.Newest Features added
4.New Products added
5.New Quick Poll
1. Welcome to CruiserCustomizing's 2nd newsletter.
|Hi guys, it's time once again for our newsletter to keep you guys informed about changes and recent goings on at CruiserCustomizing.com
Dennis on his VTX the day after he got it.
You may notice that the "Babe of the Week" has seemed to have disappeared. This is NOT the case however. My partner Uwe and I have been listening to our members feedback after last weeks poll and have come to the
realization that not everyone wants to see naked ladies when they visit our site, whether they are potential advertisers, female site visitors, or anyone that feels uncomfortable viewing nude women. We realized that
if we wanted to be taken seriously by our potential advertisers, we need to act more professional by "hiding" the "Babe of the Week" feature unless you have told us you want to see it. However, we did not want to
upset the majority of our members by getting rid of a feature that they enjoyed, so we came up with what we felt was a pretty good solution to the problem. From now on when a new visitor comes to the site
for the first time they will see an empty box where the "Babe of the Week" feature is normally displayed. In this box will be a link that says "What's This?" that, when clicked on, will explain to them about the
feature and how to enable it. For those of you that were already members you will notice that the "Babe of the Week" feature is no longer visible. To see this feature you will need to go into your member profile
(by clicking on the "My Profile" link on the left side of your screen) and place a check mark in the "Enable Babe of the Week feature" box. Then save the changes to your profile by clicking on the "Save Changes"
button at the bottom. Then when you go back to the Home page you should see the "Babe of the Week" feature once again. You may need to "Refresh" or "Reload" the screen.
By doing this we can "have our cake and eat it too" by:
- not offending anyone that doesn't want to see the feature
- keeping our members happy that want to see this feature
Oh, did I forget to mention that this feature is now "R-Rated"? It seems most of you wanted to see "a little more". Well your wish is our command! :o)
2. Thanks for the donations!
We have received our first donations
|In our first Newsletter we asked you guys to make some small donations.
I'm happy to report that Phil Stewart and Greg Cross have already made donations to our cause (thanks guys!!) and wanted to take this opportunity to ask that more of you consider donating a few $$$ if you can spare it.
So far we have taken in less than $30 and Uwe and I have spent a couple hundred dollars and hundreds of hours of our time to bring this resource to you, so we are still seriously in the hole for our efforts.
We are not asking for you guys to make us rich but we sure could use a little more than just emails that say "Thank You for the great website". This is just to offset the initial costs of getting the site off the ground.
After the site gets going and advertisers are paying us we will no longer be in need of any donations from our members. The site is now free, and we plan to keep it free for our members. If we've saved you a few $$$
and/or a few hours of research time by making your accessory shopping easier and more productive then please consider helping us out with a small donation.
What you can do to help us to help you:
- As mentioned before, we can sure use a few small donations to support the cause.
So please help with a donation if you can.
- Another thing you can do is click on this link and help us fill in the blanks for accessory manufacturer websites if one is not listed.
- If you have signed up but haven't gotten around to entering reviews for your accessories yet please do so ASAP because there are still a LOT of you that have only entered maybe 1 review and I know you have more goodies than that, right?
3. Newest Features added:
- We have changed the Babe of the Week feature to strictly an "Opt-In" feature.
- We added a feature that lets you see the most popular products on the site. Products that have been reviewed at least 5 times are shown, sorted by the highest average rating first.
- Click here to see what bikes our Members rides. The stats are updated in real-time.
- You can now view the results of previous polls, view previous "Babes of the week" and view previous newsletters by clicking on the link(s) at the bottom of the current newsletter.
4. New Products Added:
|We have added almost 200 new products to the database since the last newsletter. These products include:
- Rivco Products
- Some Big Bike Parts Items
- Some Highway Hawk stuff (handlebars & footpegs mostly, still working on the rest)
- Rifle windshields (tons of them!)
- Willie & Max Saddlebags
- More Highway Hawk stuff
- More Big Bike Parts Stuff
- Waynesville Cycle Products
- More small vendor products
- Drag Specialties mini-tach and speedo
5. New Quick Poll