This helmet is not available for purchase outside of the United States!
One of the fastest growing segments of the motorcycling family over the past few years has been the dual sport market. As legal off-road riding areas become harder and harder to find, dual sport riding has been filling the gap for many riders that want the freedom and excitement of riding in the dirt without the headaches of loading their bikes in a truck and driving for hours to find legal off-highway riding areas. With a dual sport bike, any dirt road that a motorcyclist spots in their travels suddenly becomes an opportunity for adventure.
Up until now, the dual sport rider was stuck with two options. Most chose to wear an off-road helmet with goggles and fight with a visor that is constantly buffeting in the wind while enduring all the road noise and wind entering the front of the helmet. A few others would endure the stares of other motorists as well as the blinding glare of the sun as they rode with a street helmet aboard their dual sport bikes. Shoei has changed all of this with the introduction of their dual sport specific helmet, the Hornet-DS.
- Semi-Dual EPS Liner Ventilation System
- 3D Max-Dry Liner System
- Fully Removable / Replaceable Interior
- Cheek Pad Channels For Eyeglasses
- Visor Air Intake
- Cross Vortex Rear Exhaust Vent
- Aerodynamic Visor
- C-49 Shield
- Complies with FMVSS218 (DOT) and Snell M2005
- AIM+ Shell Construction
- 3 Different Helmet Configurations
o Visor & Shield
o Visor Only
o Shield Only
- Face Shield Defogging Vent
- Upper Air Intake
- Lower Air Intake
- Chin Curtain
- Neck Outlet Vent
- 5 Year Warranty From Purchase Date. 7 Year Warranty From Helmet Manufacture Date. Whichever comes first.