The SMH10 is a Bluetooth 3.0 stereo headset with long-range Bluetooth intercom designed specifically for motorcycles. With the SMH10, you can call handsfree on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to stereo music or voice instructions of GPS navigations by Bluetooth wirelessly, and have intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or other motor cycle riders.
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth and the advanced digital signal processing technology, the SMH10 offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, the easy-to-access and intuitive button operations make the SMH10 a perfect companion for motorcycles.
Sena Technologies, Inc., a Bluetooth innovator in the motorcycle and outdoor activities market, has released a Universal Intercom feature for the full product line of units. The Universal Intercom is a unique technology to the industry as it provides cross-brand interoperability to the users with a conference intercom capability. The advanced technology helps the continued establishment of Sena as the leader in the Bluetooth communication market.
“Sena’s mission towards innovative products and advanced technology has allowed us to continue to provide technological upgrades to our current products as well as all-new products coming to market. Motorcycle Bluetooth systems have improved dramatically, however, the users have not been able to pair two different brands of motorcycle Bluetooth systems. This is unfortunate,” said Sam Kim, Vice President of Marketing, Sena Technologies Inc. “The Universal Intercom feature allows Sena users to have an intercom conversation with Sena Bluetooth systems as well other brand Bluetooth systems. It also enables Sena users to talk with universal Bluetooth headsets as well while on the road.”
The Universal Intercom is a key function of Sena’s headsets and allows riders to communicate via conference intercom with non-Sena Bluetooth products. It reaches a distance of 200 meters (220 yards) to 700 meters (760 yards), depending on the performance of the non-Sena Bluetooth device. The Universal Intercom feature will be provided with the new firmware upgrade as well as all upcoming new products. It will be equipped with the v5.0 firmware for both the SMH10 and SPH10 lines and v2.0 firmware for the SMH5 lines. The new firmware is scheduled to be released in December, and current Sena users will be able to take advantage of new technology with a simple firmware upgrade.
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Bluetooth intercom up to 900 meters (980 yards)*
- Four-way conference intercom
- Conference phone call with intercom participant
- Multipoint for mobile phone+GPS
- Voice prompts
- Bluetooth stereo headset for Bluetooth audio devices such as MP3 players
- Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: Play, pause, track forward and track back
- Easy operation by versatile Jog Dial (Patent pending)
- Sufficient sound level with integrated audio booster
- Bluetooth handsfree for Bluetooth mobile phones
- Bluetooth headset or stereo headset for Bluetooth GPS navigations
- Stereo music by 3.5mm audio cable
- Water resistant for use in inclement weather
- Crystal clear and natural sound quality
- Up to 12 hours talk time, 10 days stand-by time
- Can be used while charging on road trips
- Individual volume control for each audio source
- Firmware upgradeable
- Peace of mind - thanks to the two-year warranty
* in open terrain